As soon as possible
Inform you students:
Date and time
- The date and time of the exam must be clearly stated, it is extra important that the exam starts at the time you have specified in the information you have given to the students.
- If they need to register for the exam, where they can register and when is the last date for registration.
Tools & software
- Which digital tools will be used and how they will find their exam.
- Here you can find guides regarding digital tools for students.
- Let your students test assignments or quiz in Canvas. Let them enrol in the test course here.
- Let your students test submitting via Inspera – here is a guide on how the demo exam works
- If the exam is to be written on paper or digitally, inform the students about the conditions that apply.
- If you may use aids and which aids are permitted in such cases and which are not permitted.
If your exam will be monitored, you will also need to inform your students about the following:
- Refer to student pages about what rights universities have to monitor exams. Digital exam monitoring and Processing of Personal Data
- Which digital tool or tools will be used for monitoring.
- If students are expected to prepare something for monitoring. Information about monitoring with Zoom for students.
- That they should test that they have working logins for the systems to be used. Here you will find, for example, a login test for Zoom.
- If you have problems logging in to Zoom, how you can solve the problems. Guides for students about Zoom.
- What technical accessories are your students expected to have, for example: a computer with a webcam, a mobile phone with a camera.
For those students who do not have the opportunity to access such accessories, is there any alternative? In such cases inform your students about that, often there is information on the faculty’s page that can be good to link the students to.
- Is there any software you are expected to download before your exam and what should you think about then. Feel free to send links and guides on how to download and install certain software.
- Personal data processing – here are questions and answers for students about personal data processing regarding online exams.
- Students who have pedagogical support. Who do they need to get in touch with and when? Here you can find support for you as a teacher regarding students who have pedagogical support.
Sometimes there are students who under no circumstances can write the exam at home based on the instructions you have given. You need to make sure that there is a plan for how to handle these students. For example, is there a group room that can be used for these students?