In a Zoom meeting participants are able to see and talk to each other, show presentations and use breakout rooms for discussions in smaller groups. Lectures, presentations or instructions can be recorded and published in your digital learning environment.
This is how LU Zoom works
Lund University has its own Zoom, LU Zoom, which is separate from the commercial version of Zoom. here you can:
- hold meetings with up to 300 participants.
- schedule meetings.
- create safe meetings using passcode or exclusively for LU participants.
- share your screen.
- record your meeting and download it to your computer.
- use a virtual background.
- interact with participants with whiteboards and annotations.
- create breakout room for discussions in smaller groups.
Everyone in the meeting has the opportunity to use a microphone and camera. It is perfectly possible to hold a webinar in your own Zoom, and then you have every opportunity for interaction between the participants.
Create an account at LU Zoom
- Go to https://lu-se.zoom.us and click on the "Sign in button".
- Log in with your LUCAT-id, and your account will be created.
- If you have used Zoom outside LU before, you will be asked if you want to switch to LU's Zoom.
Zoom guides you in this change, but if you need help - contact Servicedesk.
Larger meeting in Zoom
If you need space for more than 300 participants in your meeting (e.g. have a course with more than 300 students or are planning another large meeting), you can get a "Large meeting license" that holds 500 participants. It works just like your regular meeting and all participants have access to a microphone and camera.
At certain times, you want to limit the participants' opportunity for interaction, e.g. at a dissertation or an open lecture. Then you can borrow a Zoom webinar license. Our webinar licenses hold 1,000 participants. Remember to order your license well in advance!
You need to log in and the form can be found under "Services /Order services":
Book a Large Meeting license or a Zoom Webinar license here (opens i a new browser window)
Special support for Zoom
If you need support for a conference or a doctoral dissertation defence, contact LU Conference.
Information about LU Conference services
Zoom and GDPR
LU Zoom is managed on servers within the EU and is therefore GDPR safe. You should therefore not use your private Zoom account, which is a cloud service.
LU Zoom accounts that have not been active for twelve months are cleared because each account is linked to personal data.